This fleet management and leasing company needed a better way to track vehicle life-span and for online customers to compare and select the best vehicles for their specific needs. As one of the larges... Continue »
If you are developing using a standard SDLC, QA plays a key role throughout the lifecycle.
The Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is a powerful—and practical—holistic framework for approaching the creation of new software and programming solutions. In its most elementary form, it consists of…
- Assessing a Problem
- Requirement Gathering and Definition
- Review and Analysis
…and then cycling back to begin the process again. For most, requiring several loops through the SDLC is entirely acceptable. At Trillium, we strive to eliminate redundancy by getting things right the first time around. Especially important to this process is:
- Ensuring that Quality leads participate in the Requirement Gathering and Definition Process. It is critical that these team members are familiar with both current and future business processes, as they will be simulating users through the testing process. Simultaneously, it is crucial for developers to have the same understanding. By bringing all team members up to speed with test cases, gaps can be identified and closed before software is created.
- Reducing Test Plan development and Maintenance time. By using undetailed test scripts (i.e., single-line test scenarios which capture only information relevant to that test), we’re able to rely on tester’s knowledge of the solution to navigate and complete scenarios efficiently.
- Verifying deliverables to ensure adherence to predetermined standards, and then validating that a solution satisfies said standards. Trillium consultants aren’t ones who take chances or let details fall on the back-burners of a project. By conducting an initial verification process to review that intended deliverables fulfill all expectations, we help development teams stay on track. And, by validating results against expectations, we’re able to confidently note when a solution has been created.
- Reporting and Metrics. Trillium’s years of data analysis helps not only determine which statistics and numbers are important, but how best to identify trouble areas from them.
The world’s largest communications holding company engaged Trillium to help streamline the process of capturing and fixing severe defects of a customer-facing web portal for online service orders in... Continue »
Helping global technology companies work together can be a daunting task. A leading provider of internet content and communication services was actively engaged in a strategic alliance with one of the... Continue »