Trillium’s client is a major technology solutions company with numerous verticals. The company’s goal was to establish a cohesive global content strategy, including seamless transitions to legacy systems and the selection and implementation of new content management system (CMS) to be managed in-house replacing an outsourced CMS that could not handle global translations. The company needed an experienced, seasoned, manager to own the digital processing for this very diverse environment.
The client had specific requirements for its new Digital Content Solutions Manager, including significant experience in digital content development, digital content management in a cross-functional business environment, information architecture, content strategy for search engine optimization, business management in a global environment, and reporting and metrics.
How We Solved It
Trillium worked with corporate management in a structured approach to sourcing the new CMO. This included:
Search assessment to provide the engagement’s foundation
- Launching the search by identifying the interview team and establishing candidate requirements
- Conducting status meetings and a formal midpoint review to ensure being on track and minimize course corrections
- Presenting qualified candidates to the client
- Initiating the selection process, including interviews, assessments, and final interview(s)
- Selecting the candidate
- Completing the selection process, including reference checks, offer negotiations, and onboarding timeline
- Conducting post-selection 90-day follow-up to ensure match between candidate and client
- Consolidated in-house SMEs for digital content and development
- Insourcing of content management yielded savings of $3MM in year one
- New CMS allowed new global marketing channels, along with numerous markets in additional languages and currencies