An Enterprise Architect who had completed the build out of a new state of the art retail technology platform was frustrated by the strategic direction of his current employer. His company had recently been acquired and the technology direction chosen was to use the acquiring company’s legacy technology platform. The architect had spent several months looking at job boards and applying to jobs online, and he was frustrated by his inability to find his next opportunity.
How We Solved It
The IT Director went through the Rapid Results Road-mapping session. It provided him with great insight into the following:
- How much time he was wasting by being fragmented in his job search process
- He needed to focus his job search to a specific industry
- What size business he wanted to work at next
- How his skills translated into the role he wanted to pursue
Within 7 weeks, he accepted a job as an IT Director in a Chicago based services firm.
- "The Rapid Results process enabled me to identify the profile of the companies I should target"
- "I became significantly more focused in my job search which enabled me to find a job more quickly"
- "I learned how to leverage LinkedIn to make introductions"